Easy Holiday Recipes with Wonderful Pistachios
Disclaimer: This post was developed in Sponsored Partnership with Wonderful Pistachios
My favorite time of the month is here and not just because of the fast-approaching holidays but because November is National Diabetes Awareness Month.
As a person living with type 1 Diabetes, Diabetes month technically happens 365 days of the year. Still, it's always nice to bring awareness and acknowledge the wins and challenges of people living with diabetes. The holidays are also an excellent opportunity to choose food that nourishes and keeps us balanced all day long. One of the philosophies I follow is the FFP rule- I like to choose foods that offer a combination of fat, fiber, and protein-This helps my blood sugars stay in check and helps me feel fuller longer.
I'm so happy to partner with Wonderful Pistachios to help people make healthy choices this Holiday season. Plus, I'm here to share with you three of my favorite recipes to enjoy Pistachios this Holiday season. They are simple, taste amazing, and are easy to make!
HOLIDAY PISTACHIO RECIPES
This pistachio chimichurri sauce is so versatile, and you can use it on anything. The pistachios give it a fantastic flavor, texture, and boost of plant-based protein. One serving of pistachios has 6grams of complete plant-based protein and includes all 9 essential amino acids. Use it for pasta, on toast, or as an appetizer with a whole wheat baguette.
- 1/4 cup Wonderful Pistachios, lightly salted
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, torn
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh oregano leaves (or 1/4 tsp dried oregano)
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsps. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients on the blender or food processor except for the oil. Pulse until everything is evenly chopped. Scrape with a spatula to get everything blended
- Add oil until all is combined.
Pistachio-Powered Snack Board
Who doesn't love a beautiful snack board at any holiday party? This snack board is great for hosting and for those times when a snack meal is more appealing than cooking, plus it looks gorgeous, and it's so simple to make. The secret to a healthy snack board is to offer a variety of balanced choices so you can get really good nutrition nibbling from a snack board. Plus, pistachios are the only ones with a good source of protein, providing over 10% of DV among other snack nuts.
- Wonderful Pistachios In-shell no salt
- Wonderful Pistachios no shells-salted
- Wonderful Pistachios Chili Roasted
- Wonderful Halos Mandarin Oranges
- Pomegranate arils
- Whole grain fancy crackers
- Manchego cheese in slices
- Plantain chips
- Spanish Olives
- Dulce de Membrillo
- Small whole-wheat toast
- Arrange all the ingredients on a snack board or tray and serve to your guests or family.
Pistachio Mini Palettes
A meal would not be complete if we didn't have something sweet, right? I'm a huge fan of anything chocolate. So if you are like me, you will love these! The French call these little treats Palettes, and they are simply fine chocolate with artfully arranged nuts and fruit. You can even prepare them ahead of time, and they work great as Holiday gifts. The recipe is at the end of this post.
I hope you have safe and healthy holidays, and you get to enjoy it with amazing food that will taste great but nourish you as well!!!
Pistachio Mini Palettes
- ¾ cup good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips, or chocolate bar
- ¾ cup good quality white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup shelled Wonderful Pistachios Roasted & Salted
- Dried fruit such as apricots, ginger, blueberries, bananas, plums, peaches, cranberries, and cherries
- Sprinkles and silver dragees
- Melt chocolates in separate bowls. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Spoon 1 tablespoon chocolate onto a baking sheet for each palette. Chocolate will settle into a circle.
- Decorate each palette with Wonderful Pistachios, dried fruit, and sprinkles, cutting fruit into slivers or pieces as needed. Chill palettes for 30 minutes. If packaging, package while cold. Serve.